STORY: Artisan Rare Wines. Reduced to the essentials. Reduction is often the key to quality in viticulture. But sometimes limits that are too narrow can also be inhibiting and tie off creativity. Tertius Boshoff doesn't like restrictions, his gaze has to wander - outside the box and back to the essentials.
AGING: 16% of the grapes are fermented in French oak barrels, the other 84% in stainless steel tanks. Both parts then spend 5 months on the yeast before being blended and refined.
AROMA: Power, finesse and seductive aromas of peach, melon, citrus and fresh honey
ASSESSMENT: On the palate, the white wine is fresh, light and very harmonious thanks to the well-integrated fruit acidity.
SERVING RECOMMENDATION: with quiche and summer dishes, but also with steamed or grilled fish, seafood or green asparagus
In 2005, the brothers Dr. Tertius Boshoff and Kobiev founded the Cape Winery Stellenrust in Westhuizen in 1928 with the aim of making it a model company in every respect. The quality standards of the wines produced here have always been high. Not one iota deviated from this. What was new, however, was that the workers were given a special reward for their years of hard work. Because most of them grew up on the property and still live there. So the 70 working-class families were the majority shareholders in 100 hectares of farmland, which they were allowed to cultivate, harvest and develop as their own plot. This is how one of the best and most successful "black empowerment projects" on the whole continent was initiated. The winery works with the greatest care when it comes to sustainability. This means: minimalist use of fertilizers, grape varieties that are adapted to the specific environment and vine training designed for optimal circulation. But that's not all: in addition to natural winemaking, the disposal of waste is also controlled and only recycled packaging material is used.
Stellenrust Off the R44 between Stellenbosch & Somerset West On the Stellenrust Road Stellenbosch 7600 South Africa|
13.5 percent by volume|
Country of origin:|
Free shipping, from an order value of 50€ within Germany.